2017 B2B Video Marketing Trends
It’s predicted that videos will be responsible for 74% of all Internet traffic by 2017¹. Tech marketers are not just sitting by and waiting to give video a try–they are jumping in, with 89% already using video in their content marketing plans² to engage their customers. And this tactic seems to be working with 69% of them finding video to be one of their most effective content marketing tactics.
So is creating video content worth your time? HubSpot recently posted some interesting stats about the effectiveness of video content:
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- 75% of execs watch work-related videos at least weekly
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts opens by 19% and increases click-through rates by 65%
As you laser focus on your B2B tech buying target, how should your video approach align with how these strategic business leaders use video? Fortunately, the IDG Enterprise’s Customer Engagement research explores video habits and its role in the purchase process and more.
- Who’s Watching: 95% of tech decision-makers watch technology-related videos.
- Where they are Watching: Consider housing your videos in multiple places to get the largest reach.
- 71% Watch on Vendor Websites
- 65% Watch on YouTube / Video Channel
- 64% Watch on Tech Content Websites
- How Long they Watch: The amount of time a tech decision-maker will spend watching your video varies by the type of video (16.52 mins for a webcast, 12.23 mins for a how-to video, to 6.63 for a first look product video) as well as the compelling nature of the content.³ Almost half (47%) of tech decision-makers say video production quality is critical/very important.⁴
- What Video Content they Look for Throughout the Purchase Process
- Next Steps: After watching a tech video, the majority of ITDMs take their research another step, including researching a product (67%), visiting a vendor’s website for more information (56%), or forwarding the video to colleagues (40%).³
Are you ready to start using video in your content marketing plans, or ready to up-level your video plans? IDG Enterprise’s Marketing Services can help you create videos with high quality, relevant content and promote those videos through the best channels to reach your target market.