IDG CMO Perspectives: Carol Meyers, CMO, Rapid7
Carol Meyers, CMO of Rapid7, shares how marketers can use storytelling to navigate an IPO in the latest IDG CMO Perspectives video. During this conversation with Josh London, CMO of IDG Communications, Carol also shares how marketers need to think about security and how they can use content to drive thought leadership.
Highlights from the Conversation:
- Carol shares how continuous learning and experimentation keeps the Rapid7 marketing team agile in a changing marketing landscape. (0:37)
- Rapid7 uses content to contribute to the security industry by collaborating with industry leaders and sharing insights. (1:18)
- Marketers need to think about security in two ways. First, how their approach to security affects their brand and helps build trust with customers. Second, as a technology purchaser, marketers need to include the security team on purchase decisions. (2:19)
- Tips on how marketers should adjust their storytelling style for a new audience during an IPO, including explaining why their company is a good investment. (3:29)
- Advice for young marketers: embrace analytics and data as well as learn how to articulate your value. (5:02)