IDG CSMB Community Standards
About reader comments on the IDG Consumer & SMB Network
IDG Consumer & SMB publications, including PCWorld, Macworld, TechHive and Greenbot maintain a shared comment network. Because the publications share some of their best articles with each other, we share the story comments too. Reader comments you post to a story at one site also appear on the same story published at other IDG Consumer & SMB sites. Similarly, comments you read on an article at one site may have been initially posted on another IDG Consumer & SMB site. Wherever a given story appears on the IDG Consumer & SMB network, all readers read and write to the same comment thread. We think this makes for a more lively discussion with a richer set of perspectives.
The IDG Consumer & SMB network of IT publication Web sites that are (or will be) participating in the comment network include PCWorld, Macworld, TechHive and Greenbot.
Thank you for participating in our online discussion! For the enjoyment of all parties, please abide by our community’s rules. We do not allow any of the following:
- Personal attacks, insults, harassment, or threatening, offensive, or abusive language.
- Obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit comments.
- Potentially libelous comments.
- Hateful or mean-spirited comments.
- Plagiarized material or material that violates intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Private or personal information published without consent.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Comments that are off topic or that link to material that is off topic.
- Comments that violate any law.