American Banker and Financial Insights Announce Fifth Annual FinTech Top 25 Enterprise Technology Vendors Ranking ; Increasing Number of International Companies Included in This Year’s Ranking
NEW YORK, NY – November 13, 2008 – American Banker, SourceMedia’s flagship publication for banking and financial services professionals, and Financial Insights, an independent research services firm and an IDC Company, today released the fifth annual FinTech Top 25 enterprise technology vendor rankings.
The FinTech Top 25 is comprised of leading horizontal technology firms that provide products and services across multiple industries, with a significant reported revenue within the financial services industry. This year’s highlights include:
* IBM (NYSE: IBM) continues its five-year streak as the largest provider of technology products and services to the financial industry.
* Nine of this year’s Top 25 companies have headquarters located outside North America, with Japan, France and India each claiming two companies on the list.
Vendors included in the Top 25 Enterprise Technology Companies are as follows:
1. IBM (NYSE: IBM), Armonk, N.Y., www.ibm.com
2. Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ), Palo Alto, Calif., www.hp.com
3. Dell, Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL), Round Rock, Texas, www.dell.com
4. Fujitsu Limited (LSE: FUJ), www.fujitsu.com
5. Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO), San Jose, Calif., www.cisco.com
6. Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), Redmond, Wash., www.microsoft.com
7. Electronic Data Systems (NYSE: EDS), Plano, Texas, www.eds.com
8. Accenture Ltd (NYSE: ACN), New York, www.accenture.com
9. Hitachi (NYSE:HIT), Tokyo, www.hitachi.com
10. Siemens (NYSE: SI), Munich, www.siemens.com
11. Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Santa Clara, Calif., www.intel.com
12. Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: SUNW), Santa Clara, Calif., www.sun.com
13. EMC (NYSE: EMC), Hopkinton, Mass., www.emc.com
14. Thomson Reuters (NYSE: TRI), Stamford, Conn., www.reuters.com
15. Computer Sciences Corp. (NYSE: CSC), El Segundo, Calif., www.csc.com
16. Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), Redwood Shores, Calif., www.oracle.com
17. Capgemini (PBFM: PR0000125338), Paris, www.capgemini.com
18. Atos Origin (PBFM: FR0000051732), Paris, www.atosorigin.com/
19. Unisys (NYSE: UIS), Blue Bell, Pa., www.unisys.com
20. Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), Bangalore, www.infosys.com
21. LogicaCMG (LSE: LOG), London, www.logicacmg.com
22. CGI (NYSE: GIB), Montreal, www.cgi.com
23. Getronics, Amsterdam, www.getronics.com
24. Wipro (NYSE: WIT), Bangalore, www.wipro.com
25. Deloitte, New York, www.deloitte.com
“A number of the world’s biggest technology companies provide solutions that have significant impact on the financial services industry,” said David Longobardi, chief content officer for SourceMedia. “These rankings represent vendors that offer a broad portfolio of solutions to financial institutions that positively impact their efficiency and profitability. Many financial institutions today look to technology vendors as an extension of their organization and these rankings help financial institutions select vendors that truly understand the financial services arena.”
“Financial technology solutions providers within the ranks of the FinTech 25 are really in the ‘big leagues,’” said Jeanne Capachin, research vice president of global banking for Financial Insights. “These firms have demonstrated, year-over-year, their prowess in the marketplace and concentrated delivery of solid products and services to not only financial institutions but other industry segments as well. It is enterprise-wide firms such as the FinTech 25 that provide some of the most critical infrastructure, outsourcing, and platform technologies to the industry. What they also bring are client experiences from outside financial services that can enrich their relationships with leading financial institutions.”
Consideration for the top 25 enterprise technology companies for 2008 is determined by calendar year-end revenues (CY07) and the percentage of revenues from sales to financial services industry clients, with final rankings based upon total sales to financial institutions. In addition to the FinTech Top 25 Enterprise Technology Companies, American Banker and Financial Insights also released the fourth annual FinTech 100 ranking of the top technology providers to the financial services industry.
The 2008 honorees will be honored at the BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo in Orlando at an awards breakfast on November 17 at the Peabody Orlando. To attend the breakfast, register online at: http://www.AmericanBanker.com/fintech100rsvp.
To obtain a complete copy of the report, please visit either company’s website at: www.financial-insights.com/fintech or http://www.AmericanBanker.com/fintech100.
About American Banker and SourceMedia, Inc.
American Banker, www.AmericanBanker.com, is the financial services industry’s premier daily source of information, news, and analysis for executives at banks of all sizes. Founded in 1836, with a current readership of more than 65,000, the publication covers topics including national and global issues, mortgages, consumer finance, legislation, investment products, card and payment systems and technology.
SourceMedia provides market information, including news, analysis, and insight to the financial services and related industries such as professional services and technology, through its publications, industry-standard data applications, seminars and conferences.
About Financial Insights, an IDC Company
Financial Insights provides independent research, custom consulting, and detailed multiclient studies on the technology issues and challenges facing the financial services industry. Our global research covers topics of strategic importance to corporate and retail banks, insurance carriers, asset management firms, securities and brokerage firms. Our local practices in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Canada add an in-depth regional viewpoint. Financial Insights, an IDC company, is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, USA. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading IT media, research, and exposition company. Visit www.financial-insights.com for more information.
About William Mills Agency
William Mills Agency was founded in 1977 and promotes companies that sell a variety of products or services in a number of highly specialized vertical markets. The Atlanta-based agency represents companies throughout North America and Europe. For more information, please visit www.williammills.com.