CIO Celebrates Technology and Business Innovation with 2018 CIO 100 Award Honorees & Hall of Fame Inductees
The CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony, Aug. 13-15th, will bring together 300+ CIOs and senior IT executives to discuss innovation, enterprise technologies and digital transformation
Boston, Mass. — May 1, 2018 — IDG’s CIO — the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership — is pleased to announce the 2018 CIO 100 award honorees and CIO Hall of Fame inductees (click to tweet). For more than 30 years, the annual CIO 100 awards have celebrated 100 organizations and their IT teams for driving business value and growth through digital innovation. CIO is also proud to induct 15 technology business leaders into its CIO Hall of Fame, honoring their profound contributions to the business technology world and their outstanding leadership.
All winners will be celebrated at the CIO 100 Symposium and Awards Ceremony – CIO’s most powerful national gathering of CIOs and senior IT executives. This exclusive event will be held August 13-15, 2018, at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Leadership, innovation and business strategy conversations will dominate the agenda, and the symposium will open with a special keynote address from Luke Williams, Professor, NYU Stern School of Business and international bestselling author. Williams’ session will highlight how disruptive thinking and innovation can spark business transformation.
The theme for this year’s executive conference is “The Innovation Conversation,” with an agenda geared to fostering greater interaction among attendees, industry experts and honorees as they explore how ongoing digital transformation and greater experimentation with innovative ideas are changing today’s competitive business landscape. Over the course of three days, more than 300 CIOs and senior business executives will engage in thought leadership sessions, panel discussions, interactive workshops and much more. Visit CIO100.com to learn more about the conference and agenda.
An acknowledged mark of enterprise excellence in business technology, CIO 100 brings together some of the most recognized and respected CIOs in the country. “Every year, we are honored to showcase the technology innovation and business value delivered by our CIO 100 award winners. Each of these companies has achieved notable success in accelerating businesses to the front lines of the digital revolution,” said Maryfran Johnson, executive director of CIO Programs for CIO Events and the CIO Executive Council. “Our winners are inspiring examples of how IT leadership, business partnerships and customer engagement are reshaping our future.”
The symposium concludes with a gala dinner and awards ceremony recognizing the 2018 CIO 100 honorees as well as the newest members joining the CIO Hall of Fame.
“This world-class gathering of our CIO Hall of Fame inductees, CIO 100 honorees, industry vendors and IT leaders is the best example of how ingenuity applied to technology can advance business for us all,” said Adam Dennison, SVP / general manager, IDG Events, and publisher, CIO. “Every year, the conversations that take place at this event inspire and energize me as we look to the future. This collaboration between technology and business leaders proves that we are one ecosystem looking to embrace transformation.”
2018 CIO Hall of Fame Inductees
- Robert Fecteau, SVP & CIO, SAIC
- Michelle Garvey, EVP & CIO, J Crew Group
- John D. Halamka MD, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess Health System
- Joel Jacobs, VP, CIO & CSO, The MITRE Corp.
- Steven A. John, CIO, Aramark Uniform Services and Aramark Refreshment Services
- Raymond Karrenbauer, SVP & CIO, International Financial Group (IFG) Companies
- William McCorey, SVP & CIO, Universal Parks and Resorts
- Stuart McGuigan, CIO, Johnson & Johnson
- Scott McKay, EVP & Chief Strategy Officer, Genworth Financial
- Larry Quinlan, Global CIO, Deloitte
- John P. Repko, VP & Global CIO, Johnson Controls
- Glenn Schneider, EVP & CIO, Discover Financial Services
- Eash Sundaram, EVP, Chief Digital & Technology Officer, JetBlue Airways
- Deanna Wise, EVP & CIO, Dignity Health
- Richard Williams, SVP & CIO, Celgene Corp.
2018 CIO 100 Honorees
- ACI Specialty Benefits
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- Arizona Department of Child Safety
- Bank Yahav
- Beachbody, LLC
- CA Technologies
- Caesars Entertainment
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
- Capital One
- Carhartt, Inc.
- Celgene Corp.
- City of Virginia Beach Information Technology Department
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Dangote Industries Limited
- Dine Brands Global
- Discover Financial Services
- Dutchess County Government
- Easterseals Blake Foundation
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide Campus
- Enterprise Computing Solutions, a division of Arrow Electronics Inc.
- Eurpac Service, Inc.
- Fannie Mae
- Farmers Insurance®
- FBMC Benefits Management, Inc.
- Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)
- Fleet Advantage
- General Motors
- Houston Methodist
- Humana Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- IBM Research
- Idaho National Laboratory
- International Centre For Missing & Exploited Children
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Kansas City Southern
- Khalifa Empowerment Program – UAE
- KLX Energy Services
- Korea Electric Power Corp.
- LanguageLine Solutions
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited (LTI)
- Lear Corporation
- Lenovo Group Ltd.
- McDermott International Inc.
- Merck Manufacturing IT
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Nicklaus Children’s Health System
- Oral Roberts University
- Owens Corning
- Penn Medicine
- Pennsylvania Treasury Department
- Ports America
- Rice University
- Ricoh USA, Inc.
- Sabesp – Basic Sanitation Company of the State of São Paulo
- Sealed Air
- Securian Financial
- Shell Information Technology International, Inc.
- Sheltered Harbor
- Southland Industries
- SRF Limited
- Stanford Health Care
- SUEZ North America
- TGI Fridays
- The MITRE Corporation
- The New School
- The Suddath Companies
- Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) | Information Systems
- Unisys Corporation
- United Airlines
- United Nations Federal Credit Union
- United Parcel Service
- United States Cold Storage Inc
- Visteon Corp.
- West Coast University
- Wheels, Inc.
The 2018 CIO 100 Symposium is proud to have Deloitte and Google as underwriting partners. Additional CIO 100 corporate partners include Code42, Dimension Data, Dropbox, IBM, Informatica, NTT DATA and Unisys. Emerging partners for this event are Delphix and Zoom Video. For more information on becoming a corporate sponsor or an emerging tech sponsor at the CIO 100, please contact Adam Dennison, SVP / General Manager, IDG Events and Publisher, CIO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the CIO 100 Awards
Recipients of this year’s CIO 100 Award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of external judges (many of them former CIOs) reviewed the applications in depth, looking for leading-edge IT practices and measurable results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges’ recommendations and selected the final 100.
About the CIO Hall of Fame Awards
The CIO Hall of Fame was first created in 1997 to spotlight 12 outstanding IT leaders who had significantly contributed to and profoundly influenced the IT discipline, the use of technology in business and the advancement of the CIO role. Ten years later, in 2007, CIO inducted its second class of honorees into the CIO Hall of Fame during CIO magazine’s 20th anniversary celebration. CIO continues to showcase this elite group of CIOs – now numbering 120 – during the CIO Hall of Fame induction ceremony. A list of all inductees can be viewed here.
CIO focuses on attracting the highest concentration of enterprise CIOs and business technology executives with unparalleled peer insight and expertise on business strategy, innovation, and leadership. As organizations grow with digital transformation, CIO provides its readers with key insights on career development, including certifications, hiring practices and skills development. The award-winning CIO portfolio provides business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. CIO information is available at www.cio.com.
- Follow CIO on Twitter: @CIOonline @CIOevents #CIO100 #CIOHoF
- Follow IDG on Twitter: @IDGWorld
- Follow CIO on LinkedIn
- Follow CIO on Facebook
About IDG Communications, Inc.
IDG Communications connects the world of tech buyers with insights, intent and engagement. IDG Communications is the world’s largest media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. Our premium brands, including CIO®, Computerworld®, PCWorld® and Macworld®, engage the most powerful audience of technology buyers providing essential guidance on the evolving technology landscape. Our global data intelligence platform activates purchasing intent, powering our clients’ success. IDG Marketing Services creates custom content with marketing impact across video, mobile, social and digital. We execute complex campaigns that fulfill marketers’ global ambitions seamlessly with consistency that delivers results and wins awards. IDG is the #1 tech media company in the world, per comScore.*
*Source: comScore Media Metrix, Desktop Unique Visitors, Worldwide, January 2017
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com.
Contact: Lynn Holmlund
IDG Communications, Inc.