CIO Executive Council Welcomes 16 Distinguished CIOs to Advisory Board
Board to serve as strategic advisors for CEC initiatives promoting expansion of the CIO role
Boston, Mass.— July 18, 2018 – IDG Communications’ CIO Executive Council (CEC) is pleased to announce the members of its Council Advisory Board, which serves as an active senior leadership sounding board to help shape new services and member offerings. This group of prominent CIOs draws from its collective experience and expertise to identify leadership development needs for other senior IT executives, as well as the coaching, mentoring and development needs of their IT teams. The board also focuses on communicating the value of the CIO role as a key business partner and promoting the continued professional growth of the CIO profession.
The advisory board enables the CEC to continue to build upon its member-led efforts, including the “CIO Journey to Corporate Officer” which advocates for the expanding role of today’s CIO and the C-level stature it needs to achieve. The board will also help the CEC tailor its content, programming, coaching and mentoring programs to meet the leadership development needs of all levels within IT organizations, from high-potential managers and staff through to seasoned CIOs seeking career growth within the corporate office role.
“The great strength of our CIO Executive Council has always been the supportive community and peer collaboration it enables,” said Maryfran Johnson, Executive Director of CIO Programs for IDG Events and the CIO Executive Council. “This outstanding, diverse and deeply experienced group of advisors ensures the relevancy and impact of our programs.”
The Council Advisory Board has already hit the ground running, providing valuable feedback in the formulation of IDG’s recently launched CIO Think Tank. This exclusive new event format delivers a deep dive into single emerging technology topics and creates uniquely comprehensive discussions and learning experiences for select groups of CIOs and industry thought leaders.
- Dick Daniels, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Hospitals
- Kristin Darby, Chief Information Officer, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Bob Fecteau, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, SAIC
- Randy Gaboriault, Chief Information Officer, Senior Vice President, Innovation and Strategic Development, Christiana Care Health System
- Kristie Grinnell, Chief Information Officer and Vice President, Information Technology & Supply Chain, General Dynamics Information Technology
- Ron Guerrier, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Express Scripts
- Deb Hall-Lefevre, Global Chief Information Officer & Senior Vice President, Couche-Tard/Circle K
- John Hill, Chief Information Officer, Carhartt
- Joel Jacobs, Vice President, Chief Information Officer and Chief Security Officer, The MITRE Corporation
- Vince Kellen, Ph.D., Chief Information Officer, University of California San Diego
- Michael Mathias, Executive Vice President of Customer Experience and Chief Information Officer, Blue Shield of California
- Ken Piddington, CIO Executive Council Advisor
- Jim Rinaldi, Chief Information Officer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Mike Skinner, Corporate Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Eurpac Services, Inc.
- Jim Swanson, Chief Information Officer, Monsanto
- Stephen Warren, Chief information Officer, Deputy Comptroller, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Department of the Treasury
About CIO Executive Council
Believing in a members-first approach, the CIO Executive Council provides strategic leadership development for the transforming C-suite at the world’s most influential and evolving organizations. The CIO Executive Council provides each member with a custom engagement experience that draws upon a wealth of programs and services, including peer-to-peer interactions, a deep industry knowledge base, a range of professional development programs, and media/public relations opportunities that are tailored to an individual’s strengths and career goals. For more information on joining the CIO Executive Council, visit cioexecutivecouncil.com.
About IDG Communications, Inc.
IDG Communications connects the world of tech buyers with insights, intent and engagement. IDG Communications is the world’s largest media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. Our premium brands, including CIO®, Computerworld®, PCWorld® and Macworld®, engage the most powerful audience of technology buyers providing essential guidance on the evolving technology landscape. Our global data intelligence platform activates purchasing intent, powering our clients’ success. IDG Marketing Services creates custom content with marketing impact across video, mobile, social and digital. We execute complex campaigns that fulfill marketers’ global ambitions seamlessly with consistency that delivers results and wins awards. IDG is the #1 tech media company in the world, per comScore.*
*Source: comScore Media Metrix, Desktop Unique Visitors, Worldwide, January 2017
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com.
# # #
IDG Communications, Inc.