CIO Magazine Wins Eight 2010 ASBPE Awards
Framingham, Mass. – August 13, 2010 – IDG’s CIO, the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership, was recognized by the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) with seven national editorial and design awards and one regional editorial award.
“For more than twenty years CIO has provided relevant and in-depth content for IT executives to help them learn best practices and strategic insight thus helping to advance their role as a business leader,” said Maryfran Johnson, editor in chief, CIO. “We are thrilled that ASBPE recognized our consistent level of quality and ability to showcase strategic solutions to this busy audience.”
During the July 2010 ASBPE Northeast ceremony, CIO received the following awards:
- Editorial – Feature Article (Gold): “The F Word” Editorial
- Editor’s Letter (Silver): “Nowhere to Hide” and “Retail Therapy”
- Editorial – Overall Headline Writing (Silver): “Moving Target” and “Value Added”
- Editorial – Regular Column (Bronze): “A New Career Path for CIOs” & “Are You a Bear Market CIO?”
- Design – Publication Redesign (Gold): “Cliffhanger” and “Project Runway”
- Design – Overall Typography (Silver): “The F Word” and May 1st Issue
- Design – Front Cover Illustration (Silver): The Complexity of Reduction”
- Editorial – Original Research (Bronze): State of the CIO issue, “Acting on Opportunity”
CIO produces award-winning content and community resources for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of business, as well as create opportunities for information technology and consumer marketers to reach them. The CIO portfolio includes CIO.com, CIO magazine (launched in 1987), CIO Executive Programs and the CIO Executive Council. CIO properties provide business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. The U.S. edition of the magazine and website are recipients of more than 200 awards to date, including the American Society of Business Publication Editor’s Top B-to-B Magazine since 2000 and two Grand Neals from the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards. CIO websites and printed publications appear in more than 25 countries, including Australia, Canada, Finland, India and Sweden. CIO Executive Programs—a series of face-to-face conferences including the CIO 100 Awards & Symposium™—provide educational and networking opportunities for pre-qualified corporate and government leaders. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events, and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Senior Marketing & PR Specialist