CIO Recognizes IT Innovation Driving Business Value with 2016 CIO 100 Honorees & CIO Hall of Fame Inductees
300+ CIOs and Senior IT executives to gather at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony Aug. 14-16th to share strategies and expertise on revolutionizing the customer experience with IT
Framingham, Mass.– June 1, 2016–CIO —the executive-level tech media brand providing insight into business technology leadership—is delighted to announce the 2016 CIO 100 award winners and CIO Hall of Fame inductees (click to tweet). The CIO 100 award honors 100 organizations that have distinguished themselves by creating business value through the innovative use of technology. The Hall of Fame is a special honor bestowed upon outstanding CIOs whose work has shown both creative vision and practical leadership in information technology.
All winners will be celebrated during a gala awards dinner and ceremony at the CIO 100 Symposium, being held August 14-16 at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. This year’s conference theme is “Customers in Control: The Race to Innovate.”
“Technology has truly taken its place at the forefront of business innovation today. I am proud of CIO’s long history of recognizing and celebrating both the people and the technology projects that help the world of business transform itself for the future,” said Maryfran Johnson, editor in chief, CIO events. “The 2016 CIO 100 honorees and our CIO Hall of Fame inductees represent the very best in innovation, IT leadership and business success.”
From Concept to Reality: Bringing Award Winning Technology Innovation to Life
At the 29th annual CIO 100 Symposium, more than 300 CIOs and senior IT executives will discuss the influence customers are having on businesses and how technology can help organizations stand out. Woven into sessions throughout the three-day symposium will be discussions about the latest technologies in mobility, data analytics, omni-channel customer approaches, Internet of Things (IoT) and more.
In addition to hearing about the CIO 100 award winning projects, several industry innovators will share their strategies on using technology to enhance the customer experience, including:
- Stephen Gold, CIO, CVS Health
- Bask Iyer, CIO of VMware
- Suresh Kumar, Senior Executive Vice President & CIO, BNY Mellon
- Chris Laping, Co-Founder and CEO, People Before Things LLC
- Robert Urwiler, CIO, Vail Resorts
- Mike Walsh, CEO, Tomorrow; Author, “The Dictionary of Dangerous Ideas”
- And many more.
The symposium concludes with an awards ceremony recognizing the 2016 CIO Hall of Fame inductees and 2016 CIO 100 winners. The full 2016 CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony agenda can be viewed here.
“We are in an innovation race, and technology is the catapult that will advance businesses to the front of the pack. Fortunately, events like the CIO 100 demonstrate that CIOs are not in it alone. They have a group of peers surrounding them with best practices and insights that can help them integrate new projects into their business,” said Adam Dennison, senior vice president & publisher of CIO. “I am excited to bring together these innovative technology leaders, as well as cutting edge vendors, to have an open dialogue on how technology will continue to play a crucial role in advancement.”
2016 CIO 100 Honorees:
- Adelman Travel
- Allstate Insurance Company
- American International Group, Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- AT&T – DIRECTV
- AT&T Entertainment Group
- Banco do Brasil
- Bank Leumi
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BNY Mellon
- Cadence Design Systems
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Cargo Chief
- Celgene Corp.
- Christiana Care Health System
- CIT Group, Inc.
- City of Long Beach
- CLP Group
- Collegiate Licensing Company
- Cushman & Wakefield
- CVS Health
- Dell Technologies
- DirectBuy Inc.
- Discover Financial Services
- Domino’s Pizza
- Emergency Communications Network
- First Data
- Foot Locker, Inc.
- General Motors
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hilton Worldwide
- Injured Workers Pharmacy
- Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Kaiser Permanente
- KAR Auction Services
- KEPCO Korea Electric Power Corporation
- LPL Financial
- Maersk Line A/S
- Manila Water Company, Inc.
- MassMutual Financial Group
- Merck Manufacturing IT
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Mercy Technology Services
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Miami-Dade County Information Technology Department
- Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget
- MIT, Information Systems & Technology
- Mount Sinai Health System
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- Navistar, Inc.
- Northern Trust
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Penn Medicine – University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and the Hawaiian Islands
- PPD, Inc.
- Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
- Samsung Electronics
- San Francisco International Airport
- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
- Synchrony Financial
- Tam Faktoring
- The AES Corporation
- The Clorox Company
- Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Toyota Motor North America
- UBL Fund Managers
- UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)
- United Parcel Service
- University of Chicago Medicine
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Upper Canada District School Board
- U.S. Venture
- Vail Resorts
- Vision Source
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westchester County Government
- Wipro Limited
2016 CIO Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Mike Benson, CIO, AT&T Entertainment Group
- Stephen Gold, CIO and EVP, Business and Technology Operations, CVS Health, Inc.
- Donagh Herlihy, CIO and EVP Digital, Bloomin’ Brands
- Albert Hitchcock, CIO, Chief Technology & Operations Officer, Pearson Plc
- Suresh Kumar, CIO and SVP, BNY Mellon
- Randy Sloan, SVP and CIO, Southwest Airlines Co.
- Robert Urwiler, EVP and CIO, Vail Resorts, Inc.
The 2016 CIO 100 Symposium is underwritten by VMware. Additional CIO 100 corporate sponsors include Dell Services, Sungard Availability Services and Unisys. Our emerging tech sponsor is Delphix. For more information on becoming a corporate sponsor or an emerging tech sponsor at the CIO 100, please visit http://www.cio100.com/sponsor-info/sponsorship/ or contact Adam Dennison, senior vice president & publisher, CIO at email@example.com.
About the CIO 100
Recipients of this year’s CIO 100 Award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of external judges (many of them former CIOs) reviewed the applications in depth, looking for leading-edge IT practices and measurable results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges’ recommendations and selected the final 100.
Coverage of the 2016 CIO 100 Awards will be available online in the June/July 2016 digital issue of CIO. Additionally, CIO.com will feature a sortable database of all 100 winners along with descriptions of their projects.
About the CIO Hall of Fame
The CIO Hall of Fame was first created in 1997 to spotlight 12 outstanding IT leaders who had significantly contributed to and profoundly influenced the IT discipline, the use of technology in business and the advancement of the CIO role. Ten years later, in 2007, CIO inducted its second class of honorees into the CIO Hall of Fame during CIO magazine’s 20th anniversary celebration. CIO continues to showcase this elite group of CIOs – now numbering 85 – during the CIO Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
CIO from IDG is the premier content and community resource for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of IT transformation in the enterprise. The award-winning CIO portfolio—CIO.com, CIO executive programs, CIO Strategic Marketing Services, CIO Forum on LinkedIn, CIO Executive Council and CIO primary research—provides business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. Additionally, CIO provides opportunities for IT solution providers to reach this executive IT audience. The CIO Executive Council is a professional organization of CIOs created to serve as an unbiased and trusted peer advisory group. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of IDG. Company information is available at http://www.idgenterprise.com/.
IDG connects the world of tech buyers with insights, intent and engagement. IDG is the world’s leading media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. Our premium brands, including CIO®, Computerworld®, PCWorld® and Macworld®, engage the most powerful audience of technology buyers providing essential guidance on the evolving technology landscape. Our global data intelligence platform activates purchasing intent, powering our clients’ success. IDG Marketing Services creates custom content with marketing impact across video, mobile, social and digital. We execute complex campaigns that fulfill marketers’ global ambitions seamlessly with consistency that delivers results and wins awards. IDG is the #1 tech media company in the world, per comScore.*
*Source: comScore Media Metrix, Desktop Unique Visitors, Worldwide, February 2016