DEMO Conference Partners with Leading Venture Capital Firms in Search of Next DEMO Spring 2011 Demonstrator and AlphaPitch Class; DEMO Hits the Road to Find Innovation in Startup Hubs Across the Nation
FRAMINGHAM, MA – October 18, 2010 – The DEMO Conferences, the world-renowned "launchpad for emerging technology and trends," today announced the kick off to its semi-annual Innovation Tour in search of the most promising technologies to showcase at the upcoming DEMO Spring 2011 Conference, to be held February 27-March 1, 2011 in Palm Desert, CA.
DEMO executive producer Matt Marshall and the DEMO team will travel to cities across the US and abroad to meet with potential demonstrators for the upcoming DEMO Spring 2011 conference. DEMO is teaming up with a top venture capital firm in each city, where 10 startups will be selected to present their product or concept to VentureBeat Editor in Chief and DEMO Executive Producer Matt Marshall and top local investors, for consideration to take part of the class of DEMO Spring 2011 launch demonstrators.
Each selected company will also have the opportunity to address and network with a larger audience at an evening DEMO Tour party open to local entrepreneurs, DEMO alumni, VCs, investors and media.
"We are excited to be back on the road for our Innovation Tour to meet with the entrepreneurs who are truly pushing the boundaries of what's possible in today's technology world," said DEMO executive producer Matt Marshall. "Each tour stop provides a unique opportunity to reunite the DEMO community and we are looking forward to bringing together local investors, VCs, media and DEMO alumni, as well as potential demonstrators for the upcoming DEMO Spring conference."
Destinations on the DEMO Innovation Tour include:
* Register for a private meeting at the Foundry Group here: http://bit.ly/9nARZT [http://bit.ly/9nARZT]
* Register to attend the evening party held at the Boulder Absinthe House, 7-9 p.m., here: http://dboulder2010.eventbrite.com/Boulder [http://dboulder2010.eventbrite.com/Boulder], CO – October 26, 2010
* Register for a private meeting at Austin Ventures here: http://bit.ly/95Obho [http://bit.ly/95Obho] Austin, TX – November 19, 2010
* Register for a private meeting at Madrona Ventures here: http://bit.ly/cdd5ck [http://bit.ly/cdd5ck]
* Register to attend the evening party held at the Crocodile Club, 7-9 p.m., here: http://demoseattlenov.eventbrite.com/ [http://demoseattlenov.eventbrite.com/] Seattle, WA – November 30, 2010
* Register for a private meeting at Greenberg Traurig here: http://bit.ly/9NEpP7 [http://bit.ly/9NEpP7] Irvine, CA – December 14, 2010
* Register for a private meeting at Mintz Levin here: http://bit.ly/a1kchr [http://bit.ly/a1kchr] San Diego, CA – December 15, 2010
Stay connected with DEMO through the communities on the following sites:
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference [http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference]
* LinkedIn: http://www.demo.com/linkedin [http://www.demo.com/linkedin]
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/demo [http://twitter.com/demo]
To learn more about DEMO Spring 2011 go to: www.demo.com [http://www.demo.com]
About the DEMO Conferences
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group in conjunction with VentureBeat, the DEMO conferences in the United States and China focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring, and U.S. Robotics, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/ [http://www.demo.com/].
The DEMO community also benefits from the award winning DEMOletter. A weekly e-newsletter designed to reach the people who are creating companies, building products and launching new ideas, DEMOletter provides smart insight and analysis of entrepreneurial business issues. To subscribe, go to: http://www.demo.com [http://www.demo.com]
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together unique editorial brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As a digital-centric media company we serve our reader and advertiser audiences with award-winning content and community, driving conversation and conversion, across our entire portfolio of awarding-winning, websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council, a peer advisory service, brings together the nation's top CIOs, as well as provides community and leadership development tools for their staffs.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com [http://www.idgenterprise.com].
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at https://www.idg.com [https://www.idg.com]
All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.