E for All Expo Offers Ultimate Video Game Experience ; New Gaming Show Debuts in Los Angeles This Week; Features Hottest Video Games and Gadgets, Celebrity Events, Competitive Gaming Tournaments and Much More
OCTOBER 15, 2007 – IDG World Expo:
Experience the excitement and energy of the brand new video game event Entertainment for All™ Expo (E for All™) ( www.eforallexpo.com ), which opens its doors this Thursday to thousands of hardcore and casual gamers, video game developers and publishers, retailers, media and others in celebration of all things video games. Test drive the newest games and gadgets from more than 70 leading interactive entertainment companies — such as Nintendo, Electronic Arts, THQ, Konami, Namco, 2K Games and more — and get immediate feedback from consumers on what’s hot for the upcoming holiday season. Participate in game fan and celebrity events and competitive gaming tournaments. Attend concerts and video game art exhibits. Learn how to get in the gaming business at the game developer seminars and a “Pitch Your Game” competition. And more!
WHEN & WHERE:
* Thursday, October 18 – Sunday, October 21
* Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC), 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90015
New E for All features are being added every day. For the latest show highlights, check out the E for All blog postings and news releases on the show’s Web site ( www.eforallexpo.com ). Some of these highlights include:
* Games and Gadgets Galore — Play a wide variety of the hottest games in exhibitors’ booths or show your skills in front of a live audience — and on the big screen — on the E for All game stages. Examples of games attendees will see at the show include Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast; Activision’s Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; Electronic Arts’ The Simpsons Game, Rock Band and Medal of Honor Heroes; THQ’s WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008; and Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4, among many others. Also check out the latest gadgets and gear for enhancing your game playing experience.
* Major League Gaming Tournaments — Watch amazing pro gamers compete on the Halo Trilogy, EA Sports’ NBA Live, Gears of War, Shadowrun and other titles for cash prizes, and sharpen your own skills in special Halo 3 Get Better First™ Training Camps.
* Guitar Hero II Competitions — Cheer for show attendees who attempt to impress the judges and wow the audience with their guitar playing skills over a three-day competition for prizes. (Oct. 18-20)
* LA Pro Basketball Player Showdown — See Los Angeles pro basketball players — and avid gamers — Corey Maggette and Derek Fisher compete with each other and with world-famous pro gamer Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel as they play EA Sports’ NBA Live ’08 on the E for All game stage. (Fri., Oct. 19, 3 p.m. PT)
* New Video Game Industry Research — Learn about the newest research from IDC and IDG Entertainment on non-traditional game purchases and gamer profiles.
* People’s Choice — Forget the critics. Find out which games and gadgets gamers say are their topic picks from E for All with the People’s Choice text-to-vote, running all four days of the show.
* Video Games Live Concert — Catch world premiere live performances of the incredible music from video games Bioshock, Halo 3 and hits from other video game favorites at the new Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. (Separate ticket. Fri., Oct. 19, 8:15 p.m.)
* Game Developer Events — Learn how to get into the gaming business at GDC’s Game Careers Seminar or see if you have the next big video game idea during the “Pitch Your Game Idea” contest. (Separate ticket or upgrade. Oct. 19-20)
* Into the Pixel — See the exhibit that explores the art of the video game.
SHOW FLOOR HOURS:
VIP Access(early-registered guests) General Admission (guests registered after Sept. 1):
Thurs., Oct. 18 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. 3 – 8 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 19 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. 12 – 8 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 20 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sun., Oct. 21 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Total Hours of Gameplay 32 Hours 25 Hours
HOW TO REGISTER:
To attend the show, you will need to register on site at the LACC. Show pass options include:
* Thursday/Friday Pass: $50
* Saturday/Sunday Pass: $75
* Four-Day Pass: $90
ON-SITE REGISTRATION HOURS
Mon., Oct. 15 1 – 6 p.m.
Tues., Oct. 16 – Wed., Oct. 17 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 18 – Fri., Oct. 19 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 21 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Note: For media, please see Web site for press credential requirements.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Produced by IDG World Expo, Entertainment for All(TM) Expo (E for All™) ( www.EforAllExpo.com ) is North America’s premier video game event. A celebration of video games and the people who play them, the event will bring together the entire game community, from consumers and media to publishers, developers and retailers. The Expo will feature exhibits from leading interactive entertainment companies that will allow consumers to try and buy the newest video games and gadgets. Other event highlights include the Major League Gaming’s competitive gaming tournament, the acclaimed Video Games Live™ concert, celebrity appearances, the Game Developers Conference (GDC) Game Careers Seminar, and “Into the Pixel,” an exhibition of video game art. For more information, please visit www.EforAllExpo.com .
Attendee and exhibitor information can be found on the E for All Web site, www.eforallexpo.com .