IDC Announces Speakers for 2008 Sales and Marketing Effectiveness Summit
FRAMINGHAM, MA – February 12, 2008 – IDC announced today the speaker lineup for its annual Sales and Marketing Effectiveness Summit, the premier event for sales and marketing executives. Attracting recognized thought leaders and experts in sales and marketing best practices, the Summit will focus on effective sales and marketing integration. This year’s Summit is scheduled for Thursday, April 3rd at the Marriott Downtown in New York City.
Confirmed keynote presenters and panelists to date include:
* John Aiello, Co-Founder and CEO, SAVO
* Bruce Brien, CEO, Stratascope
* Artie Bulgrin, Senior Vice President, Research and Sales Development, ESPN
* Ilene Chunko, Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Operations, Alcatel-Lucent
* Mary Delaney, Chief Sales Officer, CareerBuilder.com
* Michael Gerard, Director, CMO Advisory Practice, IDC
* Bill Gilbert, Vice President, Marketing, Advantedge Healthcare Solutions
* Clare Gillan, Group Vice President Executive Advisory Group and Go-to-Market Services, IDC
* Cheryl Kananowicz, Vice President, Sales and Corporate Communications, DST Output
* Lee Levitt, Program Director, Sales Advisory Practice and Conference Co-Chair, IDC
* Penry Price, Vice President, Advertising Sales, North America, Google.com
* John Theiss, VP and GM, Customer Development, American Express
* Frank van Veenendaal, President, Worldwide Corporate Sales and Services, Salesforce.com
* Rich Vancil, Vice President, CMO Advisory Practice and Conference Co-Chair, IDC
* Brian Zanghi, President and CEO, Kadient
"Marketing and sales executives are under fire to reduce costs while improving productivity,” said Rich Vancil, vice president of IDC’s CMO Advisory Practice and Executive Advisory Group. “IDC research shows that many of the answers lie at the intersection of these two functions. This Summit will delve into those areas that marketing and sales executives must focus on as a coordinated team."
Sponsor and Partners of the IDC Sales and Marketing Effectiveness Summit include the SAVO Group, Alinean, Business Objects, Kadient, Nortel, Stratascope, BtoB Magazine and SMEI Boston.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit IDC’s website at www.idc.com/smesummit08 . Complimentary press passes are available for qualified journalists. To request a press pass, please contact Dana Basilone at 508-988-6891 or email@example.com.
IDC is the premier global market intelligence and advisory firm in the information technology and telecommunications industries. We analyze and predict technology trends so that our clients can make strategic, fact-based decisions on IT purchases and business strategy. Over 700 IDC analysts in 50 countries provide local expertise and insights on technology markets. Business executives and IT managers have relied for 40 years on our advice to make decisions that contribute to the success of their organizations.
IDC is a division of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and events company. Additional information can be found at www.idc.com
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.