IDG Publications Reach almost Twice as Many Technology Buyers and Influencers as IT Media Competitors Combined
BOSTON, MA – November 15, 2007 – International Data Group (IDG) continues to dominate its competitors in reaching technology buyers and influencers, according to the IntelliQuest CIMS Business Study Fall 2007. The combined reach of CIO, Computerworld, Network World, Macworld, and PC World is 3.8 million technology business influencers((1)). IDG reaches 2.9 million more business influencers than CMP Technology((2)) and 1.1 million more than Ziff Davis((3)).
Among large enterprises (1,000+ employees) IDG reaches 1.4 million technology business influencers, one million more than CMP Technology and 469,000 more than Ziff Davis((4)). IDG’s dominance continues in the important mid-size market segment as well. IDG reaches 1.1 million buyers in mid-size organizations, 830,000 more than CMP Technology and 316,000 more than Ziff Davis((5)).
IDG’s position as the premier media company for marketing to technology buyers and influencers is underscored by its leadership position with technology business influencers in IT-related job functions. Among these important influencers, IDG reaches 953,000 corporate IT influencers: 141% more than CMP Technology, 47% more than Ziff Davis,((6)) and 95% more than the top business media (BusinessWeek, Forbes, Fortune, and The Wall Street Journal) combined((7)). In addition, not one media company can match IDG’s reach to CIOs/CTOs (chief technology officers). IDG delivers more of these titles than all 72 technology and general business publications measured((8)).
Bob Carrigan, CEO, IDG Communications, said: “The latest IntelliQuest CIMS study finds IT/technology publications and Internet content sites are the most relied upon information sources among business influencers in IT-related job functions. And when they seek information, IDG media are the provider of choice among both IT and business media.”
All Corporate IT Influencers Net Reach Percentage Advantage of IDG vs. Competitor
IDG ((6)) 953,000
CMP Technology ((6)) 395,000 IDG reaches 141% more influencers than CMP Technology.
Ziff Davis ((6)) 650,000 IDG reaches 47% more influencers than Ziff Davis.
Business media ((7)) 489,000 IDG reaches 95% more influencers than the business media.
IntelliQuest CIMS Business Study Fall 2007
Technology advertisers want to reach the "big spenders," and IDG delivers them. In fact, IDG publications outdistanced key competitors and the top business media among corporate IT influencers with large budgets ($1 million or more). IDG reaches almost three-quarters of these big spenders, compared with CMP Technology’s 37%, Ziff Davis 44%, and the 30% reach for the top business media ((9)).
1) Net Reach of Total Business Influencers based on 1x insertion in CIO, Computerworld, Network World, Macworld, and PC World.
2) Net Reach of Total Business Influencers based on 1x insertion in InformationWeek.
3) Net Reach of Total Business Influencers based on 1x insertion in Baseline, eWeek and PC Magazine.
4) Net Reach of Total Business Influencers at companies with 1,000+ employees based on insertion schedules referenced in 1-3 above.
5) Net Reach of Total Business Influencers at companies with 100-999 employees based on insertion schedules referenced in 1-3 above.
6) Net Reach of Corporate IT Influencers = 80172 (survey code) based on insertion schedules referenced in 1-3 above.
7) Net Reach of Corporate IT Influencers = 80172 (survey code) based on 1x insertion in BusinessWeek, Forbes, Fortune and The Wall Street Journal.
8) Net Reach to CIO/CTOs = 80249 (survey code) based on insertion schedules referenced in 1-3 above.
9) Net Reach of Corporate IT Influencers spending more than $1,000,000 = 80172 (survey code) and 20759 (survey code) using insertion schedules referenced in 1-3 and 7 above.
About International Data Group
International Data Group (IDG) is the world's leading technology media, events, and research company. IDG’s online network includes more than 450 web sites spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment and video games worldwide. IDG publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers in 85 countries including CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. IDG’s lead-generation service, IDG Connect, matches technology companies with an audience of engaged, high-quality IT professionals, influencers, and decision makers.
IDG is a leading producer of more than 750 technology-related events including Macworld Conference & Expo, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Entertainment for All Expo (E for All), DEMO, and IDC Directions. IDC, a subsidiary of IDG, is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events. Over 900 IDC analysts in more than 90 countries provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com .
Note: All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.