InfoWorld.com Site Relaunch Leads to Enhanced Reader and Advertiser Experience
Usability and consistency across mobile devices ensured through responsive design
Framingham, Mass. – Sept. 17, 2014 – IDG Enterprise—the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld and CITEworld—announces the enriched design and functionality of InfoWorld.com. The award-winning site, known for its early identification of essential tech trends, now incorporates responsive design technology to scale editorial and advertising content to the users’ screen size, whether they are accessing InfoWorld.com from a smartphone, tablet or desktop (Click to Tweet).
“As mobile continues to grow as a leading content access tool, technology decision-makers search for information on whatever device is presently available,” said Peter Longo, CEO, U.S. Media, IDG Communications. “The innovation of the new design allows our audience to stay up-to-date on recent trends, be in the know on new developments and engage with expert tech contributors, as well as provide a platform for tech marketers to engage this audience anytime, anywhere.”
Website Enhancements Include:
- The use of responsive design, including HTML5 and CSS3, to ensure usability and consistency for visitors using smartphones, tablets or desktops.
- Bold design with more prominent graphics and less pagination for a smoother reading experience and deeper engagement.
- Vastly improved navigation for InfoWorld’s trademark mix of enterprise tech analysis, product reviews and thought leadership presented through new site sections.
- Increased exposure for InfoWorld’s expert authors to flag tech trends early.
- New site-wide promos for important news and trends tailored to InfoWorld’s technically savvy audience.
- Single, searchable “Resource Library” supporting all types of lead generation content.
- Shared functionality across IDG Enterprise sites for seamless execution of banner ads, lead generation and native advertising, making promotions more effective.
InfoWorld’s editorial voice, content and design remains unique to the brand, while functionality has been aligned across IDG Enterprise sites including back end capabilities enhancing search functionality and digital asset management for displaying more images and video content. Navigation has migrated to a menu icon, next to the website logo, where visitors can navigate to the key sections that showcase signature InfoWorld content, including enterprise product reviews, gated Insider articles, and Deep Dive PDFs. A new “trending” bar has been added to the website to recognize the most recent information that the InfoWorld audience wants and expects.
“Over the past six months, a dedicated team of designers, developers, and editors has simplified navigation, crafted a sharp new graphical design, and improved access to content that – as regular readers realize– gets under the hood of tech rather than skimming the surface,” said Eric Knorr, Editor in Chief, InfoWorld. “All of us at InfoWorld are thrilled to present the results of these efforts.”
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG’s DEMO conferences provide a platform for today’s most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publicly launch their solutions.