ITworld Relaunches Site with Responsive Design Technology and Functionality Enhancements
Site redesign enhances visitor experience with device agnostic usability and consistency
Framingham, Mass. – October 15, 2014 – IDG Enterprise—the leading enterprise technology media company composed of CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld, and Network World —reveals an enhanced design and greater functionality for ITworld.com, the IT problem-solving network. The redesigned site creates a universal experience with the use of responsive design technology to scale editorial, user-generated, and advertising content to the user’s screen size, whether they are accessing ITworld.com with a smartphone, tablet or desktop (Click to Tweet).
“Technology in the enterprise is transforming business at a rapid rate. IT professionals are charged with executing strategies to keep the business advancing and ITworld continues to be the top source for IT professionals looking for news and trends impacting their business environment and as a place to get experienced peer advice,” said Peter Longo, CEO, U.S. Media, IDG Communications. “We are excited to relaunch the site using responsive design to create a consistent experience that allows visitors to gain the knowledge they need to help keep the business moving forward.”
Website Enhancements Include:
- ITworld.com built with responsive design, including HTML5 and CSS3, to ensure usability and consistency for visitors using smartphones, tablets or desktops.
- Key themes regularly spotlighted by ITworld.com editorial can be found in “The Big Read,” such as new roles in IT, skills needed for those new roles, and the evolution of enterprise IT.
- Curated collection of stories focused on a single topic through ITworld.com “Cram Sessions” to help the audience get up to speed quickly.
- Industry leaders, including vetted ITworld readers, share their personal experiences and solutions through the “Trusted Voices” program.
- ITworld.com’s growing set of audience services highlighted in “Things you can do.”
- Visually enticing design improving the reader experience and engagement.
- Less pagination creating a smoother reading experience without compromising ad impression impact.
- Single, searchable “Resource Library” supporting all types of lead generation content.
- Shared functionality across IDG Enterprise sites for seamless execution of banner ads, lead generation and native advertising, making promotions more effective.
The editorial voice, content and design of ITworld.com remains unique to the brand, while functionality has been aligned across IDG Enterprise sites including back-end capabilities enhancing search functionality and digital asset management for displaying more images and video content. The reader experience is further enhanced by larger, more legible type and fully integrated social media tools. Ads and promotional units are highlighted in a “deconstructed” right rail optimizing effectiveness and native advertising will be threaded intuitively throughout the site.
“ITworld’s new look is a great showcase for what matters most to us – the IT professional. Our audience is implementing technology to support their company’s business strategy, therefore ITworld’s editorial team is focused on what their next project will be, how they spend their budgets, their career concerns and more,” said Jodie Naze, editor in chief, ITworld. “The new design helps us more effectively provide the information they need to do their jobs as well as a network of experienced trusted voices to help address their unique needs. The changes enable ITworld to present technical, problem-solving content in a clean, and interesting way.”
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier high-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com
Follow IDG Enterprise on Twitter: @IDGEnterprise
Follow ITworld on Twitter: @ITworld
Like ITworld on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ITworld
Join IDG Enterprise on LinkedIn