OpenSource World, Next Generation Data Center and CloudWorld Kick Off This Week in San Francisco ; Open Source, Data Center and Cloud Computing Communities Gather for Unique Events Covering the Full Spectrum of Emerging Trends and Innovative Technologies
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – August 10, 2009 – IDG World Expo today provided a preview of the 2009 OpenSource World™, Next Generation Data Center™ (NGDC™) and CloudWorld™ conferences, which will open this week at Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Thousands of highly qualified IT professionals, technology buyers and C-level decision-makers will gather August 12 – 13 to explore the latest open source, cloud computing and data center solutions and products, learn from industry gurus about emerging trends and best practices, gather insight during dozens of educational and hands-on training sessions, and meet with more than 60 exhibitors on the Solutions Showcase floor.
The events – co-located to give attendees the most comprehensive view into today’s rapidly evolving and tightly related enterprise technologies – will feature the following highlights.
* Keynotes Speakers will include: Debra Bowen, California Secretary of State, on the topic “Open Source, Open Government”; Lew Tucker, VP and CTO of Cloud Computing at Sun Microsystems, on the topic “If Cloud Computing is the Answer, What is the Question?”; Dell Inc., on “Building an Efficient Enterprise”; and, Robert "r0ml" Lefkowitz, VP of Technology Research and Development at Asurion, on “IT as a Software Deli.”
* The Combined Solutions Showcase at OpenSource World, Next Generation Data Center, and CloudWorld will feature the leading vendors of open source, data center and cloud computing technologies, including: Adaptive Computing, CA, Dell Inc., Fujitsu, GoGrid, IBM Corporation, Linux Foundation, Open Grid Forum, Rackspace Cloud, SteelEye, Sun Microsystems, Inc., Talend, US DOE Hydrogen Program and Zmanda, Inc. These vendors will showcase products that offer cost-effective open source solutions, data center tools and cloud computing strategies. The Solutions Showcase will be open throughout the event and will be located on the second floor of Moscone West Hall.
* Keynote Roundtable Event: “Assessing the Real Market Opportunities and Obstacles for Making Cloud Computing Mainstream” moderated by Jeff Kaplan, managing director, THINKstrategies and CloudWorld Conference Chair. Panelists include Sam Charrington of Appistry, Inc., James Urquhart of Cisco Systems, Joe Weinman of AT&T Business Solutions and Timothy Chou of Ming Holdings.
* .Org Zone will feature eight open source projects and organizations selected by the OpenSource World Program Committee and not hosted by a single corporate backer or sponsor. The .Org Zone will be located in a dedicated meeting room adjacent to the Solutions Showcase.
* Speaker and Session Highlights include: “Monitoring and Troubleshooting Toolbox” with Ross Brunson, Linux solutions specialist at Novell; “What to Look for and What to Look Out for, When Purchasing in the Cloud: A VP of Engineering and Operation's Perspective” with Shirley Foster, VP of engineering and operations at Genius.com; “Revolutionizing Security with the Virtual Data Center” with Todd Ignasiak, director of product management for Altor Networks; “Practical Considerations for Backing Up to the Cloud” with Chander Kant, president of Zmanda, Inc.; “Network Forensics with Wireshark: Locating Evidence of Breached Hosts” with Gerald Combs, director of Open Source Projects at CACE Technologies; and “Simplifying Virtualization Management Using New Industry Standards” with Winston Bumpus, president of Distributed Management Task Force.
* Dice Technology & Engineering Career Fair: Returning for its third year, Dice, the leading job site for technology professionals, will host a free, one-day Technology and Engineering career fair on Wednesday, August 12, in room 3006/3008. This is the perfect opportunity for high-tech professionals to meet face-to-face with recruiters from the world’s leading technology companies.
To register for OpenSource World, NGDC and CloudWorld, please visit https://register.rcsreg.com/regos-1.0/osw2009/ga/clear.html[https://register.rcsreg.com/regos-1.0/osw2009/ga/clear.html]. For more details on the conference content, please visit http://www.opensourceworld.com[http://www.opensourceworld.com]. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sales Manager Amy Bonner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 424-4892 (508) 424-4892.
About OpenSource World, Next Generation Data Center and CloudWorld
OpenSource World focuses on innovative solutions in real-world environments using open source, open standards and open architecture as part of an integrated IT infrastructure. Next Generation Data Center is the only strategic IT event focused on the complete end-to-end solution for the 21st century data center and the new technologies from which these data centers are being built. CloudWorld, debuting this year, will bring together the buyers and sellers of Web-centric software, infrastructure and services designed to drive acceptance and deployment of cloud computing in the data center.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com[http://www.idgworldexpo.com]) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3 Expo®), Next Generation Data Center™ (NGDC™), OpenSource World™, and CloudWorld™. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6026228&lang=en[http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6026228&lang=en]