Snow Leopard Conference Sessions Announced for Macworld 2010 ; Dedicated Sessions Help Users Unlock Full Potential of Just-Released Mac OS; Additional Sessions on Final Cut Pro 7 Make Macworld the Unparalleled Destination for Apple Platform Training
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – August 31, 2009 – Macworld 2010 will feature two full days of technical conference content dedicated to Apple’s newest operating system, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, IDG World Expo, owner of Macworld 2010, announced today. Macworld 2010, taking place February 9 – 13, 2010, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, is the world’s premier event singularly focused on the Apple products platform.
Apple released Snow Leopard on Friday, August 28, and in anticipation of the release, IDG World Expo has built a comprehensive program of conference content and training opportunities led by world-class faculty and aimed at helping new and experienced users unlock the full potential of Snow Leopard.
“When Apple releases a new OS, Macworld is the first and best place to learn how to use and maximize its capabilities,” said Paul Kent, Macworld general manager and vice president at IDG World Expo. “Macworld provides the community with the education, hands-on training and support needed to get more than they ever thought possible out of these new tools. The Macworld 2010 sessions on Snow Leopard and Final Cut Pro 7 are just the beginning of our cutting-edge conference agenda.”
Snow Leopard Session Highlights Include:
* “Upgrading to Snow Leopard” details the installation process itself and how users can prepare to upgrade, avoid installation problems and proactively troubleshoot.
* “Working with Services in Snow Leopard” focuses on the services that Snow Leopard makes downright convenient to use, including managing the Services menu, adding and removing services, identifying cool things you can do with services and situations where services don't work.
* “Text Magic in Snow Leopard” highlights all the new text magic tools, including bidirectional language support, a revamped user interface for the Keyboard Viewer and Character Palette, on-the-fly text substitutions, and interesting new capabilities in TextEdit.
* Finder Power User Techniques ("Don't Enter Data Twice!") emphasizes how to speed up workflow in the Finder by customizing windows and using Smart folders and Spotlight to quickly find information, as well as how to use tagging to better organize your data.
* “Working Between Multiple Apps” shows users how to better exchange information among the various applications on their Mac, as some of the Apple apps are very well integrated, but the ways in which they can interact is not always obvious to the user.
* “Video with Snow Leopard: Putting QuickTime X to Work” demonstrates how to navigate the new user interface; use the features of the new QuickTime to capture audio and video; prepare media for use with your iPhone, iPod or Apple TV; push video to You Tube and Mobile Me; and use H.264, AAC, streaming and performance technologies to improve your media experience.
* “Taking Accessibility to the Next Level in Snow Leopard” teaches users with disabilities how to increase and enhance their accessibility with new and innovative technologies designed to get the most out of their Mac.
Sessions will be taught by leading technology consultants, educators and practitioners from the Mac marketplace, including: Joe Kissell, senior editor, TidBITS Publishing Inc.; J.F. Brissette, trainer and producer, macProVideo.com and owner, JFB Media Solutions; Nick Floro, CEO, Sealworks Interactive Studios; and Don McAllister, host and producer, ScreenCastsONLINE.
In addition to Snow Leopard specific content, the Macworld 2010 conference boasts numerous sessions focused on educating users on all aspects of the newest version of Final Cut Pro 7, released in March. Session highlights include the following.
* “Introduction to Final Cut Pro” is an introductory-level class taught by Mark Spencer, president of Day Street Productions, that focuses on expanding your skills beyond Final Cut Pro to harness the power of the full Final Cut Studio. Deliver a rich, guided and interactive experience to your viewers with DVD Studio Pro. Discover how to prepare your work for delivery with Compressor. Learn how each of these applications fits into an overall post-production workflow.
* “Final Cut Studio In-depth” is a more advanced class taught by Steve Martin, president of Ripple Training, covering all the core Studio Apps, including Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, DVD Studio Pro and Compressor, as well as how they all work together to create the ultimate "post production studio in a box."
The Macworld 2010 conference program will deliver a comprehensive technology agenda covering everything from Mac power user skills, introductory training and creative music, video and design content to small business productivity and education. Additional conference sessions will be announced in the coming weeks.
Macworld 2010 is a five-day event that educates, entertains and immerses attendees in the Apple products community. A comprehensive expo hall offers access to hundreds of Mac products and services, paired with expert advice, demonstrations and instruction. Macworld conference programs feature industry leading minds, presenting cutting edge product training on the topics attendees most want to see. From Mac Power Users to creative professionals to first-time users to Enterprise computing professionals, Macworld has the conference content, special presentations and exhibit hall attractions that create what has been called “Mecca for Mac Users”.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com[http://www.idgworldexpo.com]) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3 Expo®), Next Generation Data Center™ (NGDC™), OpenSource World™ and CloudWorld™. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6039383〈=en[http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6039383〈=en]