Banner advertisements, including leaderboard and IMU, on IDG sites, are an excellent way to surround your promotions with our quality editorial content. Reach the decision-maker prospects you want and need and link them directly to your site.
728x90 (Leaderboard), 300x250 (IMU), 300x600 (Half Page Ad), 300x250 or 640x480 (Slideshow Interstitial Unit) 970x250 (Billboard)
Implementation Notes & Best Practices
- Traditional banners can be trafficked as Images, or 3rd Party tags (i.e. Atlas, Mediaplex, DFA, MediaMind, etc.)
- Looping is allowed; 3 loops maximum.
- 3rd party tags must be live upon submission to ensure thorough testing.
- Creative should function properly on all publicly released browsers and operating systems. We will not be responsible for troubleshooting creative with compatibility issues and reserve the right to filter conflicting browsers and operating systems if they negatively impact the user experience. Be aware that compatibility issues may impact our ability to meet the contracted goals.
- Image banners – Accepted files: JPG, GIF, PNG. Click URL must be provided for image banners.
- Max Initial File Load Size is 40 KB for image files. 200KB is the max initial file load size for 3rd party tags
- Max Additional Initial File Load Size for OBA Self-Reg Compliance: 5 KB
- Subsequent Max Polite File Load Size: 95 KB for 3rd party tags
- Max Video & Animation Frame rate: 24 fps
- Maximum Animation Length: 15 seconds
- Audio Initiation: Must be user-initiated (on click: mute/un-mute); default state is muted
- Submission Lead-Time: 3 business days before the campaign start date
Original Video Formats
Max Initial File Load Size
Max Additional Initial File Load Size for OBA Self-Reg Compliance
Subsequent Max Polite File Load Size
95 KB for 3rd party tags
Max Video & Animation Frame rate
Maximum Animation Length
Must be user initiated (on click: mute/un-mute); default state is muted
3 business days before campaign start date