Big Data and Analytics Survey 2015
The 2015 Big Data and Analytics study highlights data-driven initiatives and strategies driving data investments within IT organizations. In order to gain a deeper understanding of organizations’ big data goals and tactics, the research shows data deployment trends, future investment growth and opportunities for vendors.
- Over the past year, the number of organizations with deployed/implemented data-driven projects has increased by 125%. (Click to Tweet)
- Enterprise organizations invest significantly more in data-driven initiatives than SMBs; $13.8 million compared to $1.6 million. (Click to Tweet)
- Organizations place greater priority on structured data initiatives compared to unstructured data, as 32% of organizations state that managing unstructured data is not on their to-do list. (Click to Tweet)
- Majority of organizations will invest in data analytics as they expect to gain the most business value from its solutions. (Click to Tweet)
- Confidence in security solutions and products for company data rises, increasing from 49% in 2014 to 66% this year. (Click to Tweet)
- While security confidence increases, organizations also realize they must restrict access to sensitive data. (Click to Tweet)
- Business analysts and data architects are hot. Organizations are looking for employees with these skill sets, followed by data analysts and data visualizers. (Click to Tweet)
- Data and analytics vendors must be able to integrate into existing infrastructure, provide ease of use and be able to meet security requirements. (Click to Tweet)
IDG Enterprise’s 2015 Big Data and Analytics survey was conducted online among the audience of 6 IDG Enterprise brands – CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World, as well as select IDG brands in the UK and Australia, via LinkedIn groups and email invitations. Results were based on 1,139 respondents who reported their organizations are currently implementing, planning or considering big data projects.
View the 2015 Big Data and Analytics infographic here.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below. To request a meeting with an IDG Enterprise sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.