Building the Mobile Enterprise Survey 2015
The 2015 IDG Enterprise Building the Mobile Enterprise survey was completed to gain a better understanding of how mobile products and services are changing how companies do business. This year’s study focused on researching the top mobile priorities in business and how emerging mobile tech is evolving enterprise roles and responsibilities.
Key Findings include:
- Mobile is a critical/high priority on the business technology agenda for 64% of organizations.
- Top factors behind mobile investments include improving internal communication (68%), customer retention (62%), and increasing speed of decision-making (60%).
- Nearly half (49%) of organizations will increase their investment in additional Wi-Fi network capability to accommodate mobile devices; however, internal network reliability is low on their list of challenges.
- Security is the greatest concern associated with mobile (54% overall), while more prevalent among enterprises (63%) than SMBs (48%).
- Mobile device and application management tools are gradually being used to secure mobile data, with 38% (MDM) and 27% (MAM) using cloud-based tools respectively.
- Integration, security and easy deployment are key factors when evaluating mobile vendors.
IDG Enterprise’s 2015 Building the Mobile Enterprise survey was conducted online among audience members of IDG Enterprise brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) via pop-up and email invitations. Results are based on 510 qualified respondents.
Want to know more about mobility? View our infographic.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below. To request a meeting with an IDG Enterprise sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.