State of the CIO 2015
CIO’s 14th annual State of the CIO survey was conducted with the objective of understanding how the role of the CIO continues to evolve in today’s business climate and to help define the CIO agenda for 2015. This definitive benchmarking survey measures the role of the CIO in the organization, budgetary responsibilities, business and leadership challenges, and the key skills needed for the job today.
Key findings include:
- CIOs continue to report to the top and the CEO frequently consults with them about strategy & future plans. (Click to Tweet)
- With high profile data breaches in the spotlight, security has become a strategic initiative for most CIOs and a key area of focus for them from their CEO. (Click to Tweet)
- The war for IT talent is another factor making the CIO role more difficult. (Click to Tweet)
- While CIOs plan to collaborate with other C-Suite executives on a variety of different projects in the coming year, the majority of tech budgets are still controlled by IT. (Click to Tweet)
- CIOs and other LOB decision-makers don’t always agree on what business initiatives most significantly affect tech investments. (Click to Tweet)
- Looking ahead, CIOs would like to spend more of their time on strategic business activities including those that contribute directly to revenue growth. (Click to Tweet)
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below.