2017 State of the Network
Network World’s State of the Network research is conducted annually to gain a deeper understanding of the network environments within today’s organizations. Results look at how the network professional role evolves, technology adoption trends, investment priorities and challenges taking place in the network. The 2017 study discusses how all of these changes are being managed, and where the future of the network is headed.
Key findings include:
- The network team collaborates frequently with a diverse and key group of business departments, with IT operations, Systems administration and IT security ranking high in daily/weekly meetings (Tweet).
- Speed, security and availability continue to be primary factors driving network technology investments (Tweet).
- Organizations expect their IT budgets allocated to cloud, security and application development to increase over the next 12 months (Tweet).
- Employee awareness and cooperation, and protection against outsider threats are the top security challenges the network team is facing (Tweet).
- Emerging network technologies including SD-WAN, Converged Infrastructure and Wave 2 Gigabit Wi-Fi rank high on enterprise organizations future plans (Tweet).
Register to download the white paper here.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below. To request a meeting with an IDG Enterprise sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.