2018 Digital Business Survey
The 2018 IDG Digital Business research was conducted to gain a better understanding of how organizations are evolving to a digital business model in terms of revising technology strategies, changing organizational structures and processes, and innovating to provide a unique customer experience. The results confirm that a digital-first approach is top of mind for tech leaders, and the top objectives driving this strategy include improving process efficiency, creating a better customer experience and improving employee productivity.
Key findings include:
- The majority of organizations have digital business plans; however, less than half (44%) have adopted a digital business approach.
- Digital business aims to improve efficiency via automation, create better customer experiences, and improve employee productivity – all of which are also the top metrics to determine digital business success.
- Complete digital innovation requires security measures and an evaluation of technology needs.
- The pace of technology change management runs slightly ahead of organizational change management for most organizations undergoing digital transformation.
- IoT is expected to play a role in organizations’ digital business strategy, especially among enterprises (61%).
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below:
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form in the top right corner.