2018 Security Priorities Study
In its second year, IDG’s 2018 Security Priorities study was conducted to gain a better understanding of organization’s current and future security posture. The research explores the security strategies organizations are embracing along with the technologies and initiatives security decision-makers plan on adopting over the next 12 months. As security events continue to make headlines, organizations are looking to invest in people, tools and services to enhance their security posture.
- The CSO/CISO role remains fairly prevalent among enterprise organizations (62%) but there is lower representation among SMBs (28%).
- Over half (52%) of organizations expect their security budgets to increase, which is up from 42% in 2017.
- Fifty-four percent of organizations expect their security staff headcount to increase over the next 12 months, including their full-time staff (37%).
- Zero Trust and blockchain technologies are the top two researched security solutions, and also where there is the most future spending opportunity.
- IT security exercises influence over areas of the business by seeking greater support from corporate leadership and offering strategic guidance.
For more information, please view excerpt from the study below.
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form at the top right.