2020 State of the CIO Executive Summary
CIOs have been taking on responsibilities outside of IT for many years now – whether that be defining core business strategy or cultivating customer and board room relationships. The one thing that’s changing based on the 2020 State of the CIO research is the recognition they receive from the executives and line of business (LOB) colleagues. LOB executives finally recognize that senior IT leaders are no longer only essential for optimizing IT infrastructure, but also for driving revenue and innovation.
Download the summary to learn:
- The CEO’s top priorities for the CIO in the coming year – from an IT and LOB perspective
- 67% of CIOs say that the creation of new revenue-generating initiatives is among their job responsibilities – what plans do they have in order to do so?
- The key business and technology initiatives that are expected to drive the most IT investment in 2020
- How IT is involved in their organization’s data & analytics needs – defining the business need or the actual data analysis
- The main challenges that heads of IT continue to face and the skills needed to support their plans