B2B Tech Marketer’s Content Marketing Practices Research 2016
Content marketing is more than just a buzz word for tech marketers. In fact, it is ingrained in marketing strategies for 95% of B2B tech marketers. To understand how these strategies are built, what is being measured, and overall what is working, IDG sponsored research conducted by Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs: 2016 B2B Technology Trends, North America. Key highlights from the study are:
- 30% of tech marketers feel that their organization is effective at content marketing.
- 36% of tech marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
- Social media posts, blogs and case studies are the leading content marketing tactics.
- The most effective content marketing tactics are in-person events, webinars and case studies.
- Top goals for content marketing initiatives are lead generation, sales and lead nurturing.
The question is, do the tactics that tech marketers use align with the content that tech buyers search for and share? Our Customer Engagement and Role & Influence of the Technology-Decision Maker research, reveals the use of content throughout the purchase process and provides recommendations for sales engagement.