CIO COVID-19 Impact Study
If you had asked IT leaders in the beginning of 2020 about their upcoming tech initiatives plans and expectations for IT budget growth, the answer would have been promising. COVID-19 has quickly shifted IT priorities for the next few months and ultimately even longer. Technology is the fuel that keeps businesses moving forward in these situations, and in order to get a better understanding of how organizations were prepared and continue to plan for the pandemic, as well as how IT leaders’ priorities and initiatives are shifting, CIO conducted a COVID-19 Impact Study. See below for some key findings and sample slides on the research.
- 68% of IT leaders agree that their technology infrastructure was prepared to adequately address employees working from home
- In order to address this new work dynamic, 44% will need to acquire new technology solutions/services
- IT leaders report that their organizations are prioritizing increasing operations efficiency, transforming existing business processes, and optimizing employee digital experience
- Expense management becomes a key task on IT leaders’ radar as they shift their focus from strategic to responsive/preventative
- When asked what their CEO’s top three priorities for IT are to help the business through the current disruption, the #1 priority remains the same as 6 months ago – lead digital business/digital transformation initiatives
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form at the right.