CIO Tech Poll: Tech Priorities 2018
The CIO Tech Poll: Tech Priorities 2018 study explores the upcoming tech spending plans and budgets for organizations, and outlines the technology areas IT leaders expect their budgets to focus on. The results show that this year tech leaders are actively researching emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, while prioritizing security and data tools.
Key findings include:
- Overall, 50% of tech leaders anticipate budget increases in 2018 – which increases to 57% for enterprises (1,000+ employees).
- IT leaders anticipate the greatest increase in budget allocation to be in predictive analytics (47%), business continuity/disaster recovery (47%), public cloud (46%) and hybrid cloud (45%).
- Organizations are considering new vendors – tech leaders report that 15% of tech spending will be spent with new tech companies this year.
- Tech leaders shared that business continuity/disaster recovery is the most important project their IT team is currently working on.
- Data/analytics, cloud and Internet of Things are expected to have the greatest organizational impact over the next three to five years.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below.
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.