CIO Tech Poll: Tech Priorities 2019
The CIO Tech Poll: Tech Priorities 2019 research provides insight into the CIO’s 2019 agenda, specifically technology budget and investments. This year’s results show growth in tech budgets, anticipated budget allocation for the next 12 months, and the evolving use of emerging vendors.
Key findings include:
- The majority of organizations (57%) anticipate their tech budget to increase within the next 12 months.
- Organizations currently allocate 15% of their tech budget to new tech companies, and 41% predict that this will increase over the next year.
- Cybersecurity and cloud computing strategies are expected to see the largest increase in spending throughout the next year.
- 60% of IT leaders say that artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) is considered to be the most disruptive technology and 40% expect AI/ML to have a positive impact on their business in 3-5 years.
- Emerging vendors must know how viable they are; and in order to demonstrate viability they should provide case studies and product roadmaps.
For more information, please view the except from the study below. To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form at the top right.