Computerworld Forecast Study 2016
The 2016 Computerworld Forecast Study is conducted annually to determine IT priorities in areas such as spending, staffing and technology.
- IT decision-makers plan to increase their current levels of investment in technology, with an overall IT budget increase of 4.7%.
- There is an ongoing trend of moving even business-critical applications into the cloud, with cloud projects being the single most important technology initiative right now and expected to cause the most disruption in the future.
- Adopting new philosophies and strategies like agile development and DevOps is a growing enterprise priority.
- Plans to increase IT headcount are on the rise significantly from last year, but skillsets in the areas of increased investment are still hard to find (security, BI & analytics, cloud/SaaS, programming/app dev).
- In 2016, there will be a much greater need for new hires with both a technology and business background who can articulate the value of technology to the rest of the business.
For more information, please view the following excerpt from the study or download the executive summary here.
To request a meeting with an IDG Enterprise sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.