State of the CIO 2018
CIO’s 17th annual “State of the CIO” survey was conducted with the goal of understanding how the CIO role continues to evolve in today’s business climate and to help define the CIO agenda for 2018. This definitive benchmarking survey measures the role of the CIO in the organization, budget/investment drivers, the IT/business relationship, and the key skills needed for the job today.
Key Findings Include:
- As tech investments continue to increase, control of total tech budget remains consistently within IT.
- Collaboration between heads of IT and LOB leaders continues to increase.
- CIOs are experiencing slightly less skill shortages, compared to last year, but security and data science continue to be key areas of opportunity for IT talent.
- Many of the strategic initiatives that kept CIOs busy last year have shifted to activities with an increased focus on implementing digital transformation.
- As the focus shifts to implementing digital transformation, there’s potential for more money to be spent outside of IT, which is why collaboration between IT and LOB is essential.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below.
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form in the top right corner.