CIO Tech Poll: Economic Outlook 2017
The CIO Tech Poll: Economic Outlook 2017 study was conducted to gauge how current economic conditions are affecting tech spending plans among IT leaders. The results confirm that tech executives are managing multiple modes of IT delivery, with a greater focus on faster-paced/agile IT.
Key findings include:
- Technology investments are expected to increase in the next 12 months – 59% reporting an increase and only 14% preparing for decreased investment.
- The majority of IT budget shifts will be the result of starting and stopping IT initiatives and system upgrades/maintenance.
- When asked about their past IT budget cycle, 51% of respondents said their IT budget increased – which is different from last year’s percentage of 38% expecting an increase.
- Fifty-one percent say the threat of information security breaches will positively impact their investment plans for products and services. Additionally, these threats have led to increased investment in security solutions and security risk analysis.
- Both enterprise and SMB organizations expect an increase in budget allocations towards faster-paced/agile IT.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below.
To request a meeting with an IDG sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form at the top right.